Centennial Technologies Inc. seeks a GIS Architect with a strong ArcGIS background to help support our federal clients. The GIS Solutions Architect is expected to provide innovative design suggestions to assist the team in building a GIS ecosystem that will enable next-generation operational capabilities and solutions while maintaining awareness of cybersecurity concerns and best practices. This position will work closely with the business unit to implement proven IT/GIS strategies for their platform architectures, help promote the utilization of GIS based on mission results and business value, and support the development of a multi-year strategic vision.
The ideal candidate will work with seasoned professionals leading GIS migration efforts from on-prem to AWS cloud. The work is fast-paced, highly collaborative, and agile. Functioning as a key asset across organizational and digital technology businesses, the GIS Solutions Architect will help set the direction and establish the approach for migrating GIS to the AWS platform and integrating it into the digital landscape. The GIS Solution Architect’s primary role is to design an architecture that supports the most effective, reliable, and secure digital ecosystem that meets business needs.
· Proactively craft and propose solutions that clarify how GIS migration to AWS cloud brings business value to address critical business challenges.
· Advance how GIS technology integrates/interfaces with the vision and translate system requirements into software architecture and design specifications.
· Work closely and actively with the business unit to identify, design, and certify key GIS workflows for the GIS enterprise platform.
· Work closely with IT and business unit teams to provide a flexible, scalable, and agile architectural solution that is capable of synchronizing with continuously changing business requirements.
· Lead technical design workshops, assessments, and planning sessions. Review functional requirements and designs, ensuring documented requirements are delivered with excellence.
· Perform migration of all data and services to the AWS Cloud
· Use technologies for automated builds, source code repository, deployment, and environment monitoring (Bitbucket, Jenkins, Terraform, and Splunk).
· Use a variety of services such as EC2, S3, DynamoDB, Lambda, etc.
· Conduct cloud migration to remove the aging infrastructure and provide a scalable, automated environment.
· Provide GIS engineering and architectural design and implementation recommendations to customer for an ArcGIS enterprise that provides workflow solutions.
· Deploy and configure ArcGIS across various operational systems and environments to meet the needs of the customer, considering cross-domain, cloud integration and security architecture needs.
· Develop a plan to execute the migration of data into the ArcGIS portal and/or across domains, ensuring architecture and software configurations are sufficient to support the data types, size, update frequencies, and the view/edit needs of the customer.
· Provide troubleshooting for ArcGIS storage, networking, security, and integration architecture.
· Provide sustainment to cross-domain solutions, to include integration of capabilities, updates/upgrades, data sources, dissemination paths, and extensible API development.
· Help customer understand GIS needs and how the ArcGIS portal integrates into the customers’ larger enterprise framework.
· Design software and data architectures that meet and exceed mission needs which are implementable, extensible, and flexible.
· Assist in the evaluation of GIS-related solutions for integration into the technology stack.
· Contribute to the development, maintenance, implementation, and reinforcement of the future-state geospatial operating model and the continued maturing of the Digital organization.
· Proactively communicate insights to cross-functional team members and management.
· At least 10+ years of experience architecting, implementing, and administrating enterprise GIS solutions that leverage an ArcGIS enterprise platform (desktop, server, and online).
· Bachelor’s degree specializing in engineering, computer sciences, information systems, or other computer-related disciplines.
· Must have at least three (3) projects with experience migrating ArcGIS from on-prem to AWS cloud platform.
· Understand and stay current with utility industry trends and provide architectural solutions to resolve issues and bring value to business by translating functional requirements into technical configuration; assess the impact on existing and future applications.
· Proven ability to manage and resolve complex and sometimes ambiguous technical issues with critical and creative thinking.
· Experience with Oracle, Microsoft SQL, and other RDBMS, Windows, Linux, and server environments.
· Knowledge of geospatial and mapping concepts such as spatial analysis, map projections, etc.
· Experience with current technology implementation patterns, including service-oriented architectures, integration platforms, and cloud hybrid configurations.
· Strong, persuasive communication and presentation skills.
· Ability to clearly communicate technical ideas verbally and in written form to customers, executives, or other technical or non-technical peers.
· Supervise at least 4+ GIS support resources.
· Must have an exceptional work ethic, work well under pressure to meet strict deadlines, use time productively, maximize efficiency, and meet challenging work goals.
· Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain Public Trust Clearance
· AWS Certified Solution Architect
· ESRI Enterprise System Design Certification or other professional certifications related to the position.
Work Location: Hybrid with the following locations (2 days onsite and 3 days remote)
DC Metro Area (VA, DC, and MD), Kansas City, MO, Cincinnati, OH, Raleigh-Cary, NC
About the Company
Centennial Technologies Inc. (Centennial) is committed to a healthy work-life balance for our employees and we have worked hard to foster an environment that enables employees to effectively prioritize both their professional and personal responsibilities. We make every effort to accommodate employees by providing flexible paid time off, a casual work atmosphere, frequent collaborative interaction, and the opportunity to continuously develop career skills.
Centennial offers a competitive benefit package, which includes Medical, Dental, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, and Life Insurance, 401k, Mass Transit Benefits, Paid Time Off and Federal Holidays.
Our Culture is inclusive of:
* A supportive professional environment which promotes a healthy work-life balance
* Performance Management techniques which reward our top performers
* Employee surveys and discussions to inform Management’s decisions
* Paid training on the latest technologies and business practices
* An employee-focused model
* Our team’s shared vision of client success through cultivating long-term client relationships
Equal Opportunity Employer
Centennial is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local employment laws.