Centennial Technologies Inc. seeks a Senior DevOps engineer with a strong AWS background to help support our federal clients. The individual should have proven knowledge to design, develop, and implement an automated DevOps pipeline capable of supporting high-performing software solutions.
Some of the responsibilities include but are not limited to the following areas:
- Automate the provisioning of AWS environments, building infrastructure from the ground up with Terraform & deploying applications using public cloud infrastructure.
- Design and develop automation workflows, performing unit tests and conducting reviews to ensure work is rigorously designed, elegantly coded, and effectively tuned for platform performance and resiliency while constantly assessing the overall quality of delivered components.
- Develop automation tools, CI/CD pipelines, scripts, or software for maintaining each platform and enabling user self-service capabilities.
- Provide technical direction to a team of 5+ engineers on CI/CD pipeline management, automation, and development.
- Communicate technical information to stakeholders, collaborate with leadership, vendors, and other engineering teams, and solve complex business problems together.
- Bachelor’s degree with 6+ years of experience in Software Development.
- At least 4 years of experience in DevOps or DevSecOps Engineering
- At least 4 years of experience with Cloud Native technologies (Amazon Web Services)
- Critical technical skills include experience with AWS Cloud-based build and deployment pipelines, Infrastructure-as-Code, Kubernetes, Jenkins/Cloudbees, Python, Terraform, Docker, and Enterprise DevOps or similar shared service team experience.
- Must have experience managing a DevOps team with a set of engineers.
- Experience working in an Enterprise / Shared Service DevOps team previously.
- Expert with AWS technologies, including Lambda and Glue and Step Functions.
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker, and/or cloud deployment technologies
- Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, Cloudformation, etc.)
- Experience with infrastructure automation tools (Terraform).
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Must have an exceptional work ethic, work well under pressure to meet strict deadlines, use time productively, maximize efficiency, and meet challenging work goals.
- Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain Public Trust Clearance
Work Location: Hybrid with the following locations (2 days onsite and 3 days remote)
DC Metro Area (VA, DC, and MD), Kansas City, MO, Cincinnati, OH, Raleigh-Cary, NC
About the Company
Centennial Technologies Inc. (Centennial) is committed to a healthy work-life balance for our employees and we have worked hard to foster an environment that enables employees to effectively prioritize both their professional and personal responsibilities. We make every effort to accommodate employees by providing flexible paid time off, a casual work atmosphere, frequent collaborative interaction, and the opportunity to continuously develop career skills.
Centennial offers a competitive benefit package, which includes Medical, Dental, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, and Life Insurance, 401k, Mass Transit Benefits, Paid Time Off and Federal Holidays.
Our Culture is inclusive of:
* A supportive professional environment which promotes a healthy work-life balance
* Performance Management techniques which reward our top performers
* Employee surveys and discussions to inform Management’s decisions
* Paid training on the latest technologies and business practices
* An employee-focused model
* Our team’s shared vision of client success through cultivating long-term client relationships
Equal Opportunity Employer
Centennial is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local employment laws.