Centennial Technologies is seeking a Senior Database Administrator to join our team. In this role, you will manage and maintain databases, including geospatial databases, ensuring their integrity, security, and optimal performance. You will work closely with our development team to design, implement, and maintain data models and troubleshoot database-related issues. You will partner with DevSecOps engineers to support automated deployments of database changes in conjunction with application changes.
- Design, develop, implement, and maintain databases in an AWS environment.
- Collaborate with the development team to design and implement geospatial data models.
- Troubleshoot any database-related issues that may arise.
- Optimize database performance by fine-tuning queries and indexes.
- Develop and implement backup and recovery strategies.
- Monitor database activity and performance to identify and resolve any issues of both cloud-hosted and on-premises databases.
- Provide technical support to end-users.
- Provide technical direction to a team of database administrators.
- Partner with DevSecOps engineers to support automated deployments of database changes in conjunction with application changes.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field.
- 8+ years of experience as a Database Administrator supporting cloud environments – preferably AWS.
- Expertise in relational database management systems (RDBMS) such as SQL Server.
- In-depth knowledge of geospatial technologies such as ArcGIS.
- Experience partnering with DevSecOps engineers to support automated deployments of database changes in conjunction with application changes.
- Familiarity with the following database platforms: MS SQL Server, Aurora-MySQL, Aurora-Postgres, DynamoDB, Amazon Quantum Ledger Database (QLDB), and Amazon Neptune.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Work Location: Hybrid with the following locations (2 days onsite and 3 days remote)
DC Metro Area (VA, DC, and MD), Kansas City, MO, Cincinnati, OH, Raleigh-Cary, NC
About the Company
Centennial Technologies Inc. (Centennial) is committed to a healthy work-life balance for our employees and we have worked hard to foster an environment that enables employees to effectively prioritize both their professional and personal responsibilities. We make every effort to accommodate employees by providing flexible paid time off, a casual work atmosphere, frequent collaborative interaction, and the opportunity to continuously develop career skills.
Centennial offers a competitive benefit package, which includes Medical, Dental, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, and Life Insurance, 401k, Mass Transit Benefits, Paid Time Off and Federal Holidays.
Our Culture is inclusive of:
* A supportive professional environment which promotes a healthy work-life balance
* Performance Management techniques which reward our top performers
* Employee surveys and discussions to inform Management’s decisions
* Paid training on the latest technologies and business practices
* An employee-focused model
* Our team’s shared vision of client success through cultivating long-term client relationships
Equal Opportunity Employer
Centennial is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local employment laws.